Welcome to Oakland for BUTCH Voices 2017! We are excited to be back again in a city where we’ve built so many relationships and worked together in community. Thank you to Councilmember At Large Rebecca Kaplan for being an out butch on the political front, and for welcoming all of our attendees.
Top 10 things to do before BUTCH Voices
- 1. Pack your favorite bow tie or black t-shirt. Whether dapper or casual, you’ll be ready to roll for whatever adventure comes your way at BUTCH Voices.
- 2. Remember to leave scented products at home. While Axe might be a part of your gender identity, we promise you can be a babe magnet all by your charming self. (Read why)
- 3. Invite your buddy who wasn’t going to go. Cause everyone needs a wingperson, and more of us need to be a part of such a welcoming space.
- 4. If you’re a nerd like us, print the workshop schedule in advance and circle the sessions you want to attend.
- 5. Download the program to your phone for easy access.
- 6. Order your official conference T-shirt and pick it up at Oakstop. It will definitely be your new fave t-shirt and a memento of #BV2017.
- 7. Decide which of the presenters/performers you’re going to chat up or flirt with over the conference weekend. (“ALL” is a perfectly acceptable decision.)
- 8. Share about BUTCH Voices on social media. Tweet @BUTCHVoices with #BV2017 to holler at your new friends and fellow conference-goers. Checkin via Facebook at any of the events created by the BUTCH Voices Facebook page, and share your photos on Instagram and tag us @BUTCHVoices.
- 9. Look up directions and public transit to the hotel so you won’t be on a BART to nowhere when the action begins.
- 10. Check out our sexy sponsors and vendors to get a taste of what you might be winning in the Saturday night raffle, perusing at the vendor tables, and pulling out of your swag bag.
See you with us in Oakland and Happy BUTCH Voices 2017!