Beauty and the BUTCH!
A Butch Voices Benefit
Produced by Butch Voices, Terry de Grace and Monica Anderson in collaboration with Sankofa Events, Sista to Sista and Kinfolkz.
Saturday September 15th, 2012
7:00pm – Midnight
at The City of Refuge
1025 Howard Street – SF CA
$5-15 sliding scale, no one turned away for lack of funds
Tickets in Advance at beautyandthebutch.eventbrite.com
7:00pm – Doors Open
7:30pm – Butch Briefs Part Deux – a Mini Film Festival
8:00pm – Beauty and the Butch Live Performances and Fashion Show
9:00pm – Butch Ball with DJs JacATac, Black and Ryan
You are invited to indulge in an evening of deliciously Butch revelry… Bask in the decadent sights, bold sounds and the brilliant energy of everything BEAUTIFULLY BUTCH*! The mystique and myth are nothing compared to the raw beauty of butch truth…
BUTCH ATTIRE defies simple elegance… we have a swagger all our own that many have tried to duplicate but few have achieved
BUTCH ART breathes a magnificently unique masculine mixture of the sacred and the profane into what is much more than a label… it is an experience
BUTCH MUSIC gives us all permission to dig deep into our spirits and howl our TRUTH, our TENDERNESS, our unabashed BRAVERY and our brash movement without boundaries!
On this evening of mythic proportion, a deluge of Brazen Artists will baptize us… immersing everyone present in a sea of glorious mayhem!
Griot Noir (spoken word – “soul sentinels of supernova linguistics”)
Haute Butch Designs (fashion house)
Raw Drums (need we say more?!)
Diva’s Closet Couture (fashion house)
Redwolf Painter (spoken word)
Terry De Grace (spoken word)
Queer Tango (dance)
Little Sister (punk rock funk phenoms)
Roxy Jones (photographer)
The Lady Vagina Jenkins (burlesque – “ribald mistress of sanctioned smolder”)
To Be Confirmed:
Saint Harridan Men’s Wear for Women (fashion house)
Our Wonderfully Raucous Raffle: Tickets are available online and at the event.
Our Raffle Items So Far:
- Laurie Ann Lepoff – A $100 Dance Lesson certificate
- Citabria Phillips – Two Dance Passes ($24 value)
- Alexandria Nichandros – Four Dance Lessons ($90 per lesson value)
- Carmen Apodoca – Two Bottles of Wine
- Ellen Seeling – Two Tickets to the MCWBB show at Yoshi’s Oakland)
- Margo Dean -
- HauteButch Design House – A Certificate
- Feelmore 510 – A $50 Gift Certificate
- & Various Butch Voices members (rumor has it there may be a date involved)
All proceeds from this Benefit will support the 2013 Butch Voice Conference.
Can’t make it to this stud-studded event? You can still make a difference by:
- Making a donation at www.ButchVoices.com
- Sharing this event on your social network sites!
- Inviting friends and family to attend in your stead!
- Letting others know about www.ButchVoices.com and encouraging them to visit the site to learn more about our mission.
* The Beauty and the Butch Benefit showcases the diversity present within our Masculine of Center communities regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, sexuality, ability, size, surgeries, age, hairstyle, or presentation! We welcome all who identify as butch, boi, genderqueer, tomboy, stud, butcha, drag king, jock, dyke, two-spirit, androgynous-with-a-butch twist, and trans-masculine. We welcome femmes, divas, and all other allies. We respect and appreciate all of our diverse self-definitions! We respect your definition of your self!
With an emphasis on Community Building, Economic Social Justice, Health & Wellness, Butch Voices unites our voices as a collective – while still celebrating that which makes us beautifully unique.